Here are foods that you should just say No Thanks to!
If you are interested in improving your health and losing weight there are a number of foods that you should simply avoid all together. These are foods that have very little nutritional value and are very high in disease causing substances. Not to mention they will simply make you fat. These are primarily foods that are very high in saturated fat and carcinogens.
1. Cheese and Butter - Cheese and butter contain approximately 7 g of saturated fat per 100 calories. That is approximately 50% of the calories from saturated fat. A diet high in saturated fat is a primary risk factor for many types of cancer, as well as heart disease and diabetes. Despite the impressive marketing of the National Dairy Council cheese and butter should be avoided altogether. There are alternatives derived from soy and rice products, which are much, much healthier and taste good, even though they still contain the milk protein casein.If you must have cheese, these soy alternatives are a much better choice, but check the ingredient list.Casein is the milk protein implicated most in allergies, and other problems associated with milk products.
2. Potato Chips & French Fries - French fries are approximately 50% fat with about 33% of those calories coming from saturated fat. Potato chips are also approximately 50% fat with about 15% of the calories from saturated fat. This presents the same problems as butter and cheese, but there is the added problem of very high levels of acrylamide. Acrylamide is a substance that forms in foods that are fried, baked, grilled, or barbequed. It causes rapid cell mutations that have led to many types of cancer in lab animals. French fries and potato chips contain some the highest levels of acrylamide found in any foods.
3. Cow''s Milk - Now, I know this may raise a few eyebrows, but hear me out. Milk has about the same amount of cholesterol per calorie as bacon. It is also high in saturated fat and protein. High protein diets have been shown to be very damaging to your kidneys, as well as contributing to bone loss and kidney stones. Cow''s milk is also one of the most allergic substances typically found in our diets. And there is strong evidence linking cow''s milk to constipation and asthma. For an in-depth look at the problems with drinking milk go to www.notmilk.com.
4. Doughnuts - You probably already knew this one. Not only are doughnuts very high in saturated fat and fat in general, they are also very high in acrylamide and other cancer causing substances. Not to mention that fact that doughnuts have too little nutritional value to bother mentioning. If you want to be thin and health, say NO to doughnuts!Fried foods, like doughnuts, are extremely dangerous because heating oil changes the properties of the oil to become carcinogenic.
5. Soft drinks - Again this is something you are probably aware of, but perhaps had not stopped to think about in this way. The added calories from one regular soft drink a day will amount to approximately 15 extra pounds over the course of a year. There is essentially nothing in a soft drink other than sugar and chemicals. So if you want to lose weight soft drinks are a "no-no". Your natural inclination may be to switch to diet drinks. Although they lack the calories of regular soft drinks they have added artificial sweeteners and a number of other diseases promoting chemicals. Our bodies were designed to consume water when we are thirsty, so why fight it.
6. Hot dogs, Barbequed or Smoked Meats - As I mentioned above, acrylamide has been recently publicized as a major health concern. These high-fat meats have been also clearly linked to colon and prostate cancer, and well as the #1 killer in our country today, heart disease.
You may look over this list and say "but I love..". Well, you just have to ask yourself are you willing to sacrifice 20 years or perhaps even 50 years of your life to eat barbequed ribs, or hot dogs? Are you willing to spend the rest of your life overweight and sick? This is just a question you need to ask yourself, because what you eat is the most important factor in determining your weight and health.
Vitality Health and Fitness
"Building Better Lives Through Healthier Bodies"